UPDATED: May 8, 2017
Keeping your work and personal life separate is difficult when you run a small business. As the go-to problem solver, you probably get a lot of calls off-hours, which, needless to say, can get pretty frustrating. And sometimes, a little embarrassing. One solution is to add a business line to your smartphone.
Modern smartphones can easily accommodate multiple phone numbers. Adding a business line to your mobile phone:
- gives you the flexibility of working from anywhere.
- limits when you give out your personal phone number.
- allows you see who is calling and lets you screen calls.
There are different ways to add a business line to your Android or iOS phone, including GoDaddy’s SmartLine. SmartLine is a second phone number that rings on your existing mobile phone. One phone, two numbers.
SmartLine gives you a hassle-free way to separate your business life from your personal life.
The many benefits of adding a business line via Smartline include:
- Instantly know if a call is business or personal.
- Keep your personal number private.
- Read your voicemail and prioritize your responses.
How to add a business line with GoDaddy’s SmartLine
1. Go to GoDaddy.com/smartline and click Start for Free to view the available plans.
2. Click Start for Free under the plan that fits your business needs.
3. Enter the area code for your business, and click Search.
A phone number will be automatically suggested for you, but you will have the option to select another number from the results below. If you’re unable to find a number that you like, click Search again to view more options.
4. Once you find the number you like, click Select.
Now you’ll be asked to sign in or register for a GoDaddy account.
5. Click Start Free Trial.
Once your SmartLine number has been added to your account, you’ll be sent a text to download the app. It’s just that easy.
Factors to consider when adding a business line to your phone
Of course, you’ve always got choices — from free business phone services to VoIP systems. If you’re looking to add a business line, factors you’ll want to consider as you weigh your options include:
- Cost. Just don’t sacrifice quality of service for price.
- Features. Do you need caller ID? Business hours? Voicemail transcription? Auto attendant?
- Ease of use. You’re busy. How much time do you want to spend figuring out how to install and use a second business line?
- Domestic vs. international. Do you need to make international calls?
- Land line. Do you also need to add a business line to a landline?
- Technical support. Is quality support available 24/7 if you need help?
To learn more about VoIP solutions, check out this article from Fit Small Business.
One phone, two numbers
By adding a business line to your smartphone, you can keep your personal calls and business calls separate — without having to buy a new device. It’s a quick, affordable way to up the professional ante for your business.