About .it domains
Register.it is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .it extension that represents Italy.
Who can register .it domains?
Individual and juridical persons residing in or belonging to a European Union Member State can register .it domain names. All others can use our trustee service to register a .it domain.
When registering a .it domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 2 - 63 Characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Not supported
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- You can renew your .it domain name within 60 days of its expiration date. You must, however, renew it before its expiration date. The renewal date depends on whether you auto-renew or manually renew the domain name. We attempt auto-renewal on the first day of the month prior to the domain name's expiration date.
- If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal on the 10th of the month and again on the 20th of the month. If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the 20th of the month prior to the expiration date, you can attempt to recover it, and there might be a fee to do so.
- For example: Your .it domain name expires on October 10. If your domain name does not renew automatically, you can renew it manually by September 20. For automatic renewals, we attempt to renew the domain name on September 1, September 10, and September 20.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- Trustee Service is not supported for transferred domains.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfer Lock: Not Supported
- You must initiate the transfer with the gaining registrar, who will require the registrant to provide an authorization code for the transfer. Please contact our award-winning GoDaddy Guides to request the authorization code.
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not supported
- Basic privacy protection: Not supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Not supported
- CashParking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the domain's contact information, please contact our GoDaddy Guides.
- Must use: 1-6 Nameservers, Authoritative Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: Host Names, DNSSEC, Vanity Nameservers
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
Contact our GoDaddy Guides.