Add or remove Poynt Smart Terminal users
Managing users on your Poynt Smart Terminal is easy. You can add or remove them from Business Settings. Here's how to get it done.
- Sign in to your Poynt Smart Terminal using an account with Owner permissions.
- Swipe down twice from the top of the merchant screen, and then select Settings.
- Select Business Settings.
- Next to Business Users, select Add.
- Enter the Username, First Name, and Last Name for the new user.
- Under User role, select Employee, Manager or Owner.
Note: Managers and Owners can void and refund transactions. Owners can also issue non-reference refunds, which are not linked to a specific transaction.
- Enter a six-digit, number-only Passcode for the user to sign on to the device.
Note: Avoid choosing a common passcode (for example, 123456).