Backordering Your Monitored Domain Names
If you added Domain Monitoring to a domain name, you can also place a backorder on the domain name to attempt to register it if it becomes available. Or, if it's listed for auction, the backorder gives you instructions on how to participate in the auction.
When you purchase Domain Backorders, you can set your backorders as public or private. Private backorders protect your personal information by not listing it in the Whois database.
If the backorder is not successful, you can reassign it to another domain name or request a refund from our support team.
For more information about the backorder process, see What are Domain Backorders?
Certain country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), such as .us, have residency requirements. If you want to backorder a ccTLD, see About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names) to find the Help article with its residency requirements.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Buy/Sell menu, select Backorders and Monitoring.
- Select the domain names you want to modify.
- Click Upgrade to Backorder. The Upgrade Domain Monitoring to Backorder window displays.
If you do not have available backorder credits, click Buy Credit. In the Domain Backorders section, for Select Quantity, enter the number of credits you want to purchase. For Backorder type, select Public Registration or Private Registration, and then click Add to Cart. Complete the checkout process, and then go back to the Domain Manager to continue.
- For Backorder type, select one of the following:
- Public — Lists your personal contact information in the Whois database.
- Private — Publishes proxy contact information in the Whois database. For more information, see Private Registration FAQ
- Select I have read and agree to ... , and then click Next.
- If necessary, edit your contact information, and then click Next.
- If you selected Private as the backorder type, select I have read the Domain Name Proxy Agreement ... , and then click Next.
Your backordered domain name displays on the Backorders and Monitoring page of the Domain Manager.