Change shipping method
Your online store is automatically set up for Free Shipping. But you can add a different shipping method: free shipping, flat rate, and weight based, or a carrier-calculated method. You'll need to be on the Online Store plan to do this.
When your customers check out in your store they'll see the shipping method(s) you've selected as well as the shipping charges, if applicable, in their order summary.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- Click the Settings tab, then click Shipping.
- Click Add Shipping.
- You will have the option of choosing a Basic Shipping Method or a Carrier Calculated Shipping Method. Follow the steps below based on the option you wish to choose
Note: If you wish to setup In-Person Pickup you can do so from this section. Click Add to the right of the In-Person Pickup box. In the pop up window, fill in the requested fields and hit Save.
Basic Shipping Methods
- Click Add next to one of the Basic Shipping Methods.
- Free Shipping: You can set an minimum amount for an order to qualify for free shipping. Be sure to note the average shipping time in the description.
- Flat Rate Per Order: You can charge your customers a pre-determined rate so they know exactly what their total shipping cost will be. Be sure to note the average shipping time in the description.
- Weight-based: Charge your customers shipping based on the weight of the item(s) you're shipping. Be sure to note the average shipping time in the description.
Carrier Calculated Shipping Methods
- Click Add next to one of the Carrier Calculated Shipping Methods. Both can be used to ship domestic and international. Deciding which method to use is often a matter of personal preference or convenience, like having an existing account or having a shipping location nearby. USPS and UPS are available to United States merchants only.
- United States Postal Service (USPS): Choose what USPS shipping methods you want to offer to your customers. If you need more info click the Learn more links. These will take you USPS's landing page where the methods are described.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): You must have a UPS Access Key to use this method. You can sign up for a UPS account to get your access key. Once you've added your access key you'll want to fill out the Support & Services field, and decide how you want to box your products in the Shipping Boxes field.
Note: For any of the above methods you have the option to click Edit next to All countries/regions to choose where the shipping method will be available. (If you choose the United States, you can select which states are included.)
- Your changes are automatically saved, so when you're ready click Publish your site to make your changes live.