Changing Your Quick Shopping Cart Domain Name
You can change the domain name associated with your Quick Shopping Cart® to another existing domain name, a subdomain, or to a domain name not registered in this account.
If you have an SSL certificate attached to your current domain name, you must first revoke the certificate to make this change. This action deactivates credit card checkout functionality. Once the domain name is activated, you need to purchase and install a new SSL certificate.
To Change Your Quick Shopping Cart Domain Name
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Quick Shopping Cart.
- Click Manage next to the account you want to modify.
- From the Set Up menu, in the Business Information section, click Store Settings.
- Either select an existing domain name or subdomain from your account, or enter a domain name not registered in this account.
- To receive an email once the domain name is changed, select Email me when finished, and then enter the email addresses to receive the notification.
- Click OK.
If your domain name is registered with us, the domain name change can take up to 24 hours. If your domain name is registered elsewhere, the change takes at least 24 hours.
Forwarding Your Domain Name
Once your domain name change is complete, forward the old domain name to the new domain name so all site requests will resolve to the correct location. For domain name forwarding instructions, see Manually Forwarding or Masking Your Domain Name .
Your domain name change CANNOT be processed if:
- You are currently using an SSL on your site. To change your domain name, you must first revoke the SSL. To revoke your SSL, see Revoke a certificate. Once the SSL is revoked, return to these instructions to make the domain name change. After the domain name change is complete, purchase and install a new SSL certificate for the new domain name. To install an SSL certificate, see Install SSL certificates.
- Your Quick Shopping Cart site has not yet been fully setup. For a domain name transfer to process correctly, your Quick Shopping Cart setup must be complete. For Quick Shopping Cart setup instructions, see Quick Shopping Cart Checklist.
Configuring DNS for a Domain Name Change
If your zone file is with another company, contact them with your Quick Shopping Cart IP address and update your A record. To find your Quick Shopping Cart IP address see, Finding your IP address.