Charge the Poynt Smart Terminal
Step 1 of the Poynt Smart Terminal get started series.
Your Poynt Smart Terminal comes packaged with a docking station and a universal power adapter.
For best results, make sure to charge your Poynt Smart Terminal completely before you use it. This is especially important when you’re using it for the first time. It usually takes about an hour to fully charge the Poynt Smart Terminal.
- Connect the power adapter to your Poynt Smart Terminal, then connect it to a power source. There are two ways to connect your smart terminal:
- Plug the power adapter directly into the side of the Poynt Smart Terminal and connect it to a power source.
- Place the Poynt Smart Terminal in the charging dock, plug in the power adapter, then connect it to a power source. When placing the smart terminal in the dock, make sure that the larger screen (the merchant screen) is facing you and align the terminal with the charging pins in the dock.
- Allow the Poynt Smart Terminal to fully charge (usually about one hour). While it’s charging, you can lightly tap the power button on the back of the merchant screen to see the current battery charge.
- Once the Poynt Smart Terminal is fully charged, press the power button on the back of the merchant screen for three seconds to turn it on.