Clean and disinfect the Poynt Smart Terminal
To help prevent the spread of germs and to extend the life of your device, it's a good practice to regularly clean and disinfect your Poynt Smart Terminal. How often you should clean depends on where the device is placed and the number of people who come into contact with it. Clean and disinfect the Poynt Smart Terminal routinely to help minimize the dangers posed by pathogens and other contaminants.
Clean the Poynt Smart Terminal
- Prepare a solution of one drop of dishwashing liquid in a cup of warm water and use it to moisten a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Wring the cloth, and then use it to gently wipe down the screen and other surfaces.
Note: See the Warnings listed below for additional guidance.
- To clean the card slot, use a cleaning card made specifically for card readers. Check your nearest office supply store or search online to purchase cleaning cards.
Disinfect the Poynt Smart Terminal
- To disinfect your device, either use a disposable, disinfectant wipe specifically for electronic devices, or a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with disinfectant cleaning spray for electronics.
- Do not spray disinfectant directly onto the Poynt Smart Terminal. Spray solution on a cloth, and then use the damp cloth to wipe down the device.
- For disinfectant wipes or spray solutions, make sure the isopropyl alcohol content isn't higher than 70%.
- Do not allow moisture to flow between the Poynt Smart Terminal’s glass screen and the plastic housing.
- Do not allow moisture into openings — such as the card slot or the power port — as it could seep into the internal components and cause damage (use a dry cloth for those areas).
- Make sure your cloth isn’t so moist it leaves behind drops of liquid on the surface of the Poynt Smart Terminal — wring the cloth to remove excessive wetness.