Configure my backups
Your Website Backups must be configured to connect with your hosting account to work correctly. Please be aware that if you change hosting company or hosting servers you may need to reconfigure your Website Backups.
Note: If your website is hosted with GoDaddy on a cPanel hosting account, we will take care of this for you.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Website Security and Backups, next to the Backups account you want to configure, click Manage.
- Next to your website name, click on the gear icon, and then Website Details.
- Enter your URL and FTP credentials and click save.
Note: An FTP user will be created within your hosting begining with "SEC_". Do not remove this user as it is how backups will be created.
- Click Database Options and select the option that best applies to your website. Click Save.
- Click Other Options, and adjust your Frequency, notifications and backup start time to your personal preference, and click Save.
Your first backup should complete within a few hours (large sites can take considerably longer). You'll receive an email notification when the backup is complete.