Connect the Poynt Smart Terminal to a mobile network
Connect the Poynt Smart Terminal V3.0 to the internet via a cellular 4G LTE network. A data only SIM card and data plan (sold separately) are required to connect to a mobile network.
- Data only network plan
- Data only Nano SIM card (Voice only or Voice & Data SIM cards are not compatible with the Smart Terminal)
- 4G (or above)
- Recommended: AT&T service provider
- IMEI number: Some service providers require an IMEI number to associate a SIM card to your device. To find this on your Smart Terminal, tap Settings, and then About.
- Turn the power off on your Poynt Smart Terminal and install a data only SIM card into the device.
- Turn the power on and tap Settings on the second page of the Smart Terminal home screen.
- Tap Network Settings.
- Switch the Mobile toggle on. The 4G icon should appear in the upper-right corner of the merchant screen.
Note: You may also need to switch the Wi-Fi toggle off to force a cellular connection.
- If the 4G icon doesn’t appear or you’re having trouble connecting, try the following:
- Reboot the Smart Terminal and check to see if the icon appears.
- Return to the Network Settings. Switch the Mobile toggle off, then back on. Reboot the Smart Terminal.
- Return to the Network Settings and tap Mobile (under Preferences). Tap Advanced, then Access Point Names. Select the SIM card’s Access Point Name from the list.
- Optional: Run a test transaction on the Smart Terminal to make sure you’re connected properly.