Create an order on the Poynt Smart Terminal
Once you’ve set up your Poynt Smart Terminal and added products to your store catalog, you’re ready to start creating and processing orders. Orders are created in the Register app and customers have multiple ways that they can pay.
Note: You won’t be able to create orders in the Register app until you create and assign a product catalog to your Poynt Smart Terminal.
- If you haven’t already, create a product catalog for your Poynt Smart Terminal and add products to it.
- From your Poynt Smart Terminal home screen, tap Register.
- Tap an item displayed in the catalog to add it to the order or tap Back to remove an item.
- Tap More to customize or add other features to the order:
- Tax off: Remove the tax from the order.
- Custom item: Add an item with a customized amount.
- Save order: Save and exit the current order. You can begin or process other orders before resuming the saved order. This is useful for running tabs or picking up where you left off with an unfinished order.
- To resume a saved order, from the home screen, tap Orders and select the order from the list in the Open tab.
- Disc: Add a preset or custom discount.
- Fees: Add any extra fees.
- Notes: Add any notes to your order, e.g., extra cheese.
- Open Drawer: Opens your register accessory if applicable.
- Scan Barcode: Scan an item barcode using the Poynt Smart Terminal’s front camera.
- Add Name: Add the customer’s name to the order. The name will be included on the receipt. You will also be able to see the name when resuming a saved order.
- Tap Order Details to edit or review the order.
- Tap Cash or Charge to use one of the following payment methods:
- Credit card
- Manual entry
- Another type of transaction