Create your Office 365 email address
Step 1 of the Set up my Office 365 account series.
Set up your Office 365 email account and create your email address in the Email & Office Dashboard.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- If you already have an existing Office 365 email address from GoDaddy, select Add user. If this is your first Office 365 email address, move on to the next step.
- Choose the domain you want to use and select Continue.
- Create your Email address. Avoid using numbers or special characters, since they're harder for people to remember and write. (For example, use your name like "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com.")
- Enter your First name and Last name.
- For Link domains, use the drop-down menu to choose Do not share. (Linking domains allows users to share contacts and files, such as if the domains are part of one business.) If this is your first email domain, you won't see this option.
- Select Yes to assign administrator permissions to this account. Or, if you already have an email account, you'll need to choose if the new email being set up is for you or someone else.
- Enter a unique password in the Create a password box. (It's important to create a password that's different than your GoDaddy password.) If you already have an email account, select Create my own password first.
- Enter your previous email address in the Send account info to box.
- Select Create. When your Office 365 email address is ready, you’ll receive confirmation at your previously provided email address.
Note: If you're creating an email address for another user, use a temporary password so they can change it later.
It takes a few minutes to set up an email address. Once you receive your confirmation email, go to the next step and set up your recovery email address.