Customizing Reseller Storefronts with WordPress
You can create a custom storefront by installing WordPress® onto your free reseller hosting account, and then creating links to the reseller storefront we provide.
- Your first step is to set up your free reseller storefront. For more information, see Setting up Your Reseller's Free Hosting Account.
- Once your hosting has been set up, you can install WordPress. For more information, see Install WordPress.
- Once WordPress has been installed, you can create a WordPress home page for your reseller storefront. While not necessary, we recommend reading our Getting Started with WordPress guide to understand how to use your WordPress installation.
You will also want to create links to your products' sales pages. To do this, you must install a WordPress Plugin to redirect WordPress Pages you create to your products' sales pages.
To Create Links to Your Products' Sales Pages
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel by going to http://coolexample.com/wp-admin, where coolexample.com is your domain name, entering your username and password, and then clicking Log In.
- From the Plugins menu, click Add New.
- In the Search field, type Quick Page/Post Redirect, and then click Search Plugins.
- Under the Quick Page/Post Redirect plugin, click Install Now, and then click OK.
- Once the plugin installs, from the Pages menu, click Add New.
- Enter a title for your link — for example, "Web Hosting."
- From the Quick Page/Post Redirect section, select Make Redirect Active, and then enter the URL of your product's sales page in the Redirect URL field — for example,
YOURPROGIDis your reseller's prog id.
- Click Publish.