Do you restrict any features in MS SQL 2008?
MSSQL 2008 provides many features which are powerful in an enterprise database environment, but which either aren't applicable or which create security concerns in a shared hosting environment.
Therefore, we restrict the following:
- SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Replication
- Service Broker — A messaging infrastructure that is not applicable in our shared hosting environment.
- Web Services — We don't allow direct Internet connectivity to our SQL servers, per the security recommendations of Microsoft.
- Full Text Catalogs — We do not permit users to create additional full text catalogs. The system creates one for each database when it is provisioned. Users may create full text indexes.