Enabling U.S. Postal Service Shipping in Quick Shopping Cart
With Quick Shopping Cart®, offering United States Postal Service® (USPS) as a shipping method is very simple because you do not need to establish an account or register, and you can select this shipping method in combination with other methods.
Rates are determined by weight and are calculated in real-time, based on the most current shipping rate tables published by the USPS. The minimum weight is 0.01 pounds (lbs.). If the weight is less than the minimum, then the shipping charge is calculated using the minimum.
With USPS, you are responsible for printing shipping labels and arranging drop-off or pick-up.
To Offer USPS
- Log in to your Quick Shopping Cart account.
- From the Set Up menu, go to Operations, and then select Shipping.
- Click Set Up for the United States Postal Service option.
- In the Domestic Handling Fee field, enter a handling fee specific to domestic shipments or enter 0.00 to not charge a handling fee.
- In the International Handling Fee field, enter a handling fee specific to international shipments, or enter 0.00 to not charge a handling fee.
- In the Shipper's Postal Code field, enter your postal code.
- From the Rate Method section, select an option for packaging your products.
If you select Multiple products ship in same package, configure a maximum package weight and size, and define your shipping box sizes. Quick Shopping Cart automatically combines packages based on declared item volume and declared box volume. Items exceeding max box weight or size ship separately.
- From the Domestic Shipping Options and International Shipping Options section, select the options you want to use.
If you select USPS Priority Mail® Flat Rate shipping, Quick Shopping Cart automatically combines ordered items to be shipped in an official USPS Priority Flat-Rate shipping box. USPS Priority Flat-Rate shipping is available in four, pre-configured box sizes (we do not offer flat-rate envelope shipping at this time). Please check the USPS.com website for pricing details.
- Click OK.
After you make changes, you must publish your store to see the updates. For more information, see Publishing Your Storefront.