Import Contacts List
While you can add email addresses to Website Builder's contact manager one by one, you also can import your entire contacts list with a bulk upload. When used in combination with the included GoDaddy Email Marketing Starter plan, you can send out sales alerts, newsletters, and other items to promote your site.
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- Click the Contacts tab.
- If you have no contacts, click Create Contact.
- When the Contacts tab's content changes, click the arrow next to Add Contact and choose Import Contacts.
- Click Download a sample .csv file to use it as a starting point for adding your contacts. (If you already have a file of contacts you want to upload, skip to Step 6 to make sure it's properly formatted.)
Not sure what a .csv file is? Learn more about the format.
- Navigate to where the sample file (example.csv) was downloaded. Open it and you'll see that it contains a header row and a single sample contact.
- For each contact you want to add, you must fill in the email address in the email column. It's entirely optional whether you also include a contact's name, company, or phone number.
Do not change the name of the email header; otherwise your upload will be not be accepted. Don't worry about duplicate contacts: Website Builder will filter them out even if you re-upload the file after adding more contacts.
- When you're done preparing your contacts file and have saved it in the .csv format , click Choose File, navigate to the file, and click Upload.
- When upload confirmation displays, the contacts in the file will be added to your Online Store store list.