Manually install an SSL certificate on my cPanel hosting
Required: Deluxe and extended validation (EV) certificates, as well as SSLs for addon domains or subdomains must be installed manually.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click cPanel Admin.
- In the Security section, click SSL/TLS.
- Under Certificates (CRT), click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
- Use the Upload Certificate section to upload the primary certificate (
.crtfile with randomized name) from your local machine and click Upload Certificate.
- On the new page, click Go Back.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the SSL Certificates page and click Return to SSL Manager.
- Under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS), click Manage SSL Sites.
- Scroll down to the Install an SSL Website and click Browse Certificates.
- Select the certificate that you want to activate and click Use Certificate. This will auto-fill the fields for the certificate.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Install Certificate.
- On the Successfully Installed pop up, click OK.
That's it! To make sure your SSL is working, you can check it using our Certificate Checker.