Modifying .DE Nameservers
When modified for a .DE domain name, the new nameservers must meet the following criteria:
- Refresh rate between 10000 and 86400 seconds
- Retry rate between 1800 and 28800 seconds
- Expiration rate between 604800 and 3600000 seconds
- Resource record TTL (Time To Live) between 180 and 345600 seconds
The following criteria must also be met:
- The domain MX record must resolve to a mail server that is valid for the life of the domain registration.
- The DNS servers must be located on two distinct class C networks.
- The zone files for both nameservers must have matching serial numbers.
- The primary and secondary hosts specified in both zone files must match the first and second nameservers entered.
Note: These restrictions are put in place and enforced by the .DE domain name registry, not us.