My Poynt Smart Terminal screen is blank
If your customer facing Poynt Smart Terminal screen is blank or unresponsive, you can try these troubleshooting steps to get it working again.
Step 1: Run a diagnostic test
Run a diagnostic test from your Poynt Smart Terminal home screen to see if it can be completed or submit an error report if not.
- Place the Poynt Smart Terminal in the docking station.
- Tap Help > Diagnostics.
- Scroll down the list and tap Second Screen Touch Test to run a diagnostic test.
- If the diagnostic test fails, tap Submit Error Report.
Step 2: Turn the screens off and on
Try refreshing your Poynt Smart Terminal by turning it off and on.
- Press and release the power button to turn both screens off.
- Press and release the power button again to turn the screen on again.
Step 3: Reboot your device
If the second screen is still blank or unresponsive, do a hard reset to reboot your device.
- With your Poynt Smart Terminal still in the dock, hold down the power button for at least 20-30 seconds.
- Ignore any message box or prompt that pops up on the screen.
- Once the Poynt Smart Terminal is powered off, wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds have passed, power the device back on by pressing and releasing the power button.
Step 4: Contact Customer Support
If you’ve tried all these steps and still can’t get the Poynt Smart Terminal screen to respond, contact us for assistance. Our GoDaddy Guides are here to help.
- What to do if your Poynt Smart Terminal isn't powering on.