Park a domain registered with GoDaddy
Parking a domain name is useful if you currently have no website to direct it to or simply need a temporary place to point it. Please ensure the domain name is hosting DNS here by changing the nameservers to Default if not already set.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and select Manage DNS.
- Next to the A record with @ in the Host field, select the pencil icon. We recommend copying down the current IP listed before updating in case you want to unpark your domain later.
- Change the Points to field to 188.8.131.52.
- Click Save when you're finished to update the IP address.
Please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect. During this time, your website, email and other domain services may be interrupted.