Pull your production site to the staging site
When you pull your Managed WordPress site to the staging site, this creates a copy of your site. You can then edit this copy as much as you want without those changes affecting your main site.
Note: Any custom code or assets that are not stored in the /wp-content folder will not be moved to and from staging.
If you haven't done so yet, create the staging site before you begin.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, click Manage All.
- For the website you want to use, click the three-dot icon and select Staging.
- Click Sync Options.
- Select Pull production to staging.
- If you want to copy your production site exactly as it is, select Overwrite content. If you made recent changes to your staging site, selecting this will overwrite those changes.
- Click Sync.