Requesting Bidder Approval for the .org Event Auction
From March 18 to 28, 2013, GoDaddy Auctions® is offering 42 rare, valuable one- and two-character .org domain names. You must have a GoDaddy account to participate, but an Auctions membership is not required. For more information, see What is Project 94?
Before you can place bids in the .org Event Auction, you must request approval from the Public Interest Registry (PIR). We recommend requesting approval before the auction begins on March 18, 2013. The last day to request approval is March 25, 2013. Once approved, you can bid up to $2,500.
To increase your bid limit, you must complete a bidder verification process with PayPal® or Good As Gold.
If rejected for bidder approval or verification, you can reapply.
You must complete this bidder approval process to participate in the .org Event Auction. PIR approves your request within two business days, and then we send you an email message that contains an authorization code. After you enter your code on the .org Event Auction page, you can bid up to $2,500 when the auction begins on March 18, 2013.
To Request Bidder Approval
- Go to GoDaddy Auctions.
- In the .org banner, click Auctioning Now! The .org Event Auction page displays.
- Click Login and Submit Application, enter your GoDaddy Username and Password, and then click Log In and Continue. The Bidder Approval window displays.
NOTE: A GoDaddy Auctions membership is not required for participation in this event auction. However, if you do not have a GoDaddy account, you must click Create Account and enter the required information before you can request bidder approval.
- Complete the required fields, and then click Submit.
NOTE: For Intent of purchase for .ORG domain, you must describe how you intend to use your .org domain name. PIR wants to ensure that .org websites promote the public good and do not include morally objectionable content.
- Within two business days, we email you an authorization code. From the email message, click Log In to Enter Your Code.
NOTE: If you don't receive the confirmation email within two business days, visit the .org Event Auction page to resend it.
- Click Enter Your Code.
- Copy and paste your authorization code in the Enter Code from Confirmation Email field, and then click Confirm. A confirmation message displays.
After you receive bidder approval, you can complete a bidder verification process to increase your bid limit. You must have a PayPal or Good As Gold account. For more information, see What is Good As Gold?
To Increase Your Bid Limit
- Go to the .org Event Auction page.
- Click Log In, and then enter your GoDaddy Username and Password, and then click Log In and Continue.
- Click Increase Limit. The Bidder Verification window displays.
- For PayPal verification, enter the first name, last name, and email address associated with your valid PayPal account, and then click Verify PayPal.
If successful, we instantly send you an email message that contains an authorization code and a link. After you click the link and enter the code, you are approved to bid up to $50,000.
NOTE: If you already have a Good As Gold account with a balance of at least $100, the PayPal option doesn't display.
- For Good As Gold verification, do one of the following:
- To bid up to $50,000 — Deposit at least $100 into your Good As Gold account.
- To bid an unlimited amount — Deposit at least $5,000 into your Good As Gold account.