Set up my Linux Hosting account
After you purchase a Linux Hosting plan, you need to set it up before you can use it to host your website.
Warning: Setting up an account changes a domain's DNS records, so an existing website and email addresses might stop working. For help finding the best path, on our Contact Us page click Chat Now to reach out to a GoDaddy Guide 24/7.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to set up, click Set up.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click Finish.
Note: If you're setting up your account with an Internationalized Domain Name, you will need to enter the punycode version of the domain name.
- Learn more about the basics of Linux Hosting.
- Your cPanel username and password are randomly generated during setup. You can change your password in the account Dashboard.