Set up the Poynt Smart Terminal
Step 2 of the Poynt Smart Terminal get started series.
To make first-time setup easy, your Poynt Smart Terminal is associated with your GoDaddy Payments account when it’s shipped to you. When you first turn it on, you’ll just need to adjust a few settings and then you’ll be ready to go.
Your Poynt Smart Terminal has two screens–the bigger screen (the merchant screen) faces you and the smaller screen (the customer screen) faces your customers. You’ll use the big screen to complete the setup and activation process.
- Make sure your Poynt Smart Terminal is powered on. Press the power button on the back of the merchant screen for three seconds to turn on the Poynt Smart Terminal.
- On the Welcome screen, select your language from the list, then tap Continue.
- Tap the Wi-Fi network you want to use for transactions. To securely process payments, be sure to connect to a private, password-protected network (WPA, WPA2 or WPA 2SK). Enter your network password, then tap Connect.
- Your Poynt Smart Terminal will check for software updates, configure the card reader, check your account activation status, and configure additional settings. Allow the device a few minutes to download, install and reboot.
- When prompted, create a 6-digit Passcode to sign in. (If you’ve already set one up, tap Sign in and enter your Passcode.) Tap .
- Enter your Passcode one more time to confirm, then tap .
- Review the Terms of Service, then tap I Agree to complete the first-time setup.