Set up WP Premium Support
You will need to set up WP Premium Support before requesting a service for your WordPress site.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Setup after locating your WP Premium Support subscription.
- Click Activate to add the listed sites to your subscription, or Add site to add additional WordPress sites.
Note: Sites hosted on Managed WordPress in the same account are automatically added to your WP Premium Support subscription.
Add site access
- From the add a site from drop-down, select My account, 3rd party hosting, or Clients.
- The My account option lets you select from the hosting plans in your account by choosing one from the Select hosting product drop-down list.
- The 3rd party hosting option is for any other sites hosted outside of your customer account.
- If you are a member of Pro Clients, your clients will show up in the drop-down to select one of their hosting products.
- I have a custom login for my WP Admin login check box: Check this box and fill in the WP Admin Path field if you have a custom login path (coolexample.com/custom-login).
- WP Admin Full Path: This field auto-fills from the Site URL.
- Username: your WordPress admin username.
- Password: your WordPress admin password.
- Host address (coolexample.com or your site's IP address).
Note: If your site uses a Firewall or CDN, then you may need to enter the hosting IP address instead of the domain.
- Username: your FTP username.
- Password: your FTP password.
Note: You only need to change the Protocol and Port options if your host or server doesn't use standard FTP settings.
Your WP Premium Support subscription is now ready to use!
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.