Setting up my site
When you start building your website, we ask you what it's about so we can generate designs tailored to your needs. There are plenty of business categories, but your options don't stop there. Planning a wedding or creating a résumé? We've got you covered, including compatible images.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help logging in?)
- When the welcome screen appears, click Let's Do This!
- Enter the first few letters of your choice in the What's your site about? field and a list of choices appears. You can pick one immediately or finish your entry.
If you bought the Online Store plan, you'll see What type of business is it? instead. Every plan offer all the available designs.
- Enter your site or business name in the next field and click View Your Designs or Continue to begin generating design choices.
- Scroll through the design gallery, using the bottom-of-page arrows to see more pages. To take a closer look at a design, move your cursor over it and click Preview.
- The preview shows how the design will look on a desktop/tablet and mobile phone. You can scroll through both layouts to compare the design on each device.
Click Back in the upper left to return to the gallery if you want to see another design combination.
- When you find a design you like, click Start With This Design at the top of the window.
- Your website generates your design and displays the sections included in your particular plan.
- Any changes are saved automatically, so when you're finished, click Preview to see the result.
- If you're happy with the results, click Publish Site (mobile phone) or Publish (desktop/tablet).