Unarchive files and directories
If you have a compressed file, you can extract it after uploading it to your hosting account. Which types of compressed files you can extract depends on your hosting account's operating system:
- Linux —
- Windows —
To Extract Files and Directories
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- From the Tools section, click File Manager.
- Navigate to the directory in which the file to be unarchived is stored, and then select the compressed file you want to extract.
You can only extract one file at a time and it cannot exceed 20MB.
- Click the Extract icon in the action bar.
- Extract to — Uses the default destination and lets you enter the name of a new or existing destination folder. To navigate to an existing directory, you can click Browse and select the folder into which you want to extract the selected file.
- Overwrite existing file — Overwrites any files or directories with the same name within the selected destination directory.
- Click OK.
Your file is extracted in the selected destination directory. All files and directories are now uncompressed.
For information on archiving items in your hosting account, see Archive files and directories