Update WordPress permalinks in the database
Using custom WordPress permalinks can improve search engine optimization(SEO) and make your website's URL more attractive for searches. WordPress permalinks are the permanent URLs for your posts and pages. You can update WordPress permalinks through the database instead of using WordPress Dashboard.
- You should always backup your site before making any changes.
- Log into the database via phpMyAdmin (cPanel / Plesk / Web & Classic / Managed WordPress).
Note: In cPanel Hosting you must select the database for your WordPress site in the left-hand column before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the wp_options table.
- Locate the permalink_structure entry under the option_name column. You may need to navigate beyond the first page of entries.
- Click the Edit button.
- Under the option_value field for this entry, add the permalink structure that you want to use.
- Click Go.
- The URL on your website's pages should display the permalink settings you selected.