Use IMAP settings to add my Workspace Email to a client
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) lets you access email stored on a server from multiple devices. If you have IMAP-enabled email, you can set it up in any client and device.
These are generic instructions to help you add your email address to a desktop email client.
- Sign in to the Email Setup Center with your Workspace Email address and password.
- Under Email Server Settings, you'll see the Incoming server (IMAP) and the Outgoing server (SMTP) settings.
- Open your chosen email client and create a new account.
- When you get to the IMAP settings, enter your Incoming port and Outgoing port:
Server hostname SSL Port Incoming (IMAP) imap.secureserver.net 993 Outgoing (SMTP) smtpout.secureserver.net 465 587 (TSL/SSL - Mac)
- Enter your username (email address) and password (email password).
- You might be asked for more info or email client preferences and to save your settings.
Note: Our servers may use different names for folders than the client you're setting up. You may need to map folders to have them sync properly. We recommend researching instructions on correctly mapping your folders for your specific client.
- If you're upgrading from POP to IMAP, you won't lose your previous email data.
- Set up Workspace Email on my phone and computer