Viewing Messages in Your Qmail Queue
Some of the information in this article is advanced material we make available as a courtesy. Please be advised that you are responsible for properly following the procedures below. Customer Support cannot assist with these topics.
You can view messages in the Qmail email queue.
To View Messages in the Email Queue
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Enter your server's password.
- List out all messages currently in queue by running:
- Count the number of messages in the queue currently by running:
- Read the entire contents of an email in queue, including headers, by running:
find /var/qmail/queue -name NNNN| xargs cat | lessWhere NNNN is the ~8 digit ID specified on the /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qread command.