What do the Poynt Card Reader lights and sounds mean?
The Poynt Card Reader uses sounds and a series of LED and NFC indicator lights to alert you to different statuses. These lights and beeps tell you what state the Poynt Card Reader is in and indicates when a transaction is happening, complete, or when there is a problem.
LED indicator light
- None: The Poynt Card Reader is off.
- Green: The Poynt Card Reader is fully charged.
- Steady blue: The Poynt Card Reader is connected to a mobile device using Bluetooth.
- Flashing blue every 2 seconds: Bluetooth is ready to pair or is attempting to pair.
- Flashing blue every 5 seconds: The Poynt Card Reader is in standby mode.
- Steady red: The Poynt Card Reader is charging.
- Flashing red: The battery is low.
- Alternating red and magenta: The Poynt Card Reader is attempting to pair to Bluetooth while charging.
NFC indicator lights
- First LED is flashing: Poynt Card Reader is paired and in standby mode.
- First LED is steady: Poynt Card Reader is ready to process a charge.
- LEDs flashing in a consecutive order: Poynt Card Reader is reading credit card info.
- All four LEDs are on and the Poynt Card Reader beeps once: The Poynt Card Reader has finished reading the card.
- One beep: The transaction is complete.
- Two beeps: There was an error with the transaction. Please try again.