GoDaddy - Applicant Privacy Notice
This notice describes the categories of personal information collected by GoDaddy.com, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and/or its affiliated entities (“GoDaddy”) and the purposes for which such information may be collected and used. It also provides information concerning GoDaddy’s record retention practices and rights you may have under the applicable laws.
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to process your application for employment and in accordance with GoDaddy’s data retention schedule. We may retain your personal information for longer if it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or reporting obligations, resolving disputes or as permitted or required by applicable law. We may also retain your personal information in a deidentified or aggregated form so that it can no longer be associated with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider various factors such as the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your information; the potential risk of unauthorized access, use or disclosure; the purposes for which we collect or process your personal information; and applicable legal requirements.Categories of Personal Information Collected
- Identifiers and Contact Information. This category includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, signature, account name, dates of birth, and other similar contact information and identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. This category includes, without limitation:
- activities on communications systems including text messages, chat logs, and app usage data.
- Professional and employment-related information. This category includes without limitation:
- data submitted with employment applications including employment history, recommendations, etc...,
- background check and criminal history,
- work authorization, and
- fitness for duty data and reports
- Education Information. This category includes education history.
- Sensitive Personal Information. This category includes information such as:
- social security, driver's license, state identification card, or passport number
- Inferences drawn from the Applicant Personal Information in the categories above. This category includes engaging in human capital analytics, including but not limited to, identifying certain correlations about individuals and success on their jobs, analyzing data to improve retention, and analyzing preferences to inform HR Policies, Programs and Procedures.
- Collect and process employment applications, including confirming eligibility for employment, background and related checks, onboarding, and related recruiting efforts.
- Maintaining personnel records and record retention requirements.
- Communicate with you about your application.
- Complying with applicable state and federal health, labor, employment, disability, equal employment opportunity, and related laws, guidance, or recommendations.
- Investigating complaints, grievances, and suspected violations of Company policy.
- Protect the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of Company or its employees, agents, contractors, customers or the public.
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes.
- Design, implement, and promote GoDaddy’s diversity and inclusion programs.
- Facilitate the efficient and secure use of GoDaddy’s information systems.
- Evaluate an individual’s appropriateness for a participation position at GoDaddy, or promotion to a new position.
- To respond to and manage any legal claims against GoDaddy and/or its personnel, including civil discovery in litigation.
To carry out the purposes outlined above, GoDaddy may disclose information with third parties or service providers, such as background check vendors, third-party staffing vendors and information technology vendors, and state or federal governmental agencies.
The information which you give to us may be transferred to countries outside of the jurisdiction of your residence or employment. For example, some of our third-party providers may be located outside of the European Union (“EU”). Where this is the case, we will take steps to make sure standard contractual clauses are in place, and adequate technical and organizational measures are implemented so that your privacy rights will continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing.
GoDaddy does not sell or share, as those terms are defined under applicable law, the above categories of personal information. GoDaddy may add to the categories of personal information it collects and the purposes it uses personal information. In that case, GoDaddy will inform you.How Does GoDaddy Protect Your Data?
GoDaddy has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties. Where GoDaddy engages third parties to process data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of data.Your Rights: Access, Correction, Deletion
Right To Know About Personal Information Collected or Disclosed. You have the right to request more information regarding the following topics, to the extent applicable:
- the categories of personal information,
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected,
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, if applicable,
- the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information, and
- the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected about you.
Right to Access. You have the right to access your personal information by logging into GoDaddy's applicant portal or by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Right To Request Deletion of Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal information we can delete from our records. There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal information or direct service providers or contractors to delete your personal information from their records. Such instances include, but are not limited to, enabling solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with GoDaddy and compatible with the context in which you provided the information or to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to Request Correction. You have the right to request that GoDaddy correct any inaccurate personal information we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of that information and purpose for processing it.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your rights as described above.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We transfer personal information internationally to operate our business a