• GoDaddy Community
  • Advice on Improving Your Website
  • Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Help with our Outdoor Products website--want a larger customer base!

Hey everyone.  My name is Patrick I am the owner of Strike Survival Gear.  We are a online site that resales/manufactures outdoor products.  Our primary market is outdoor and survival items for a very broad range of activities.  Some including emergency disasters, recreational, and preppers. We basically find products in the market that we think to be great efficient items to carry.  We then go to manufactures and ask them to adjust them in quality and such to be better made and looking for our client base.  We also manufacture handcrafted items in-house with American materials for higher end products.  We do all our packing in-house as well to control quality and delivery.  If you could please checkout our newly redone website.  We are always looking for fresh ideas and contacts.  We are a fairly small brand but can fulfill large order request. Please help us open up to a larger client base.  Thank you so much!

Patrick

Owner, Founder of Strike Survival®

2 REPLIES 2
    Super User II

@strike_survival  I clicked around your site and two things stuck out to me....

1. Your Terms & Policies page.  Overwhelming, not easy to read (small font) and not customer centric.  I would break down that page to multiple pages (or use a FAQ plugin) so that custsomers can easily navigate to the information they are seeking.

2. Your contact page notes: "Please allow 2 business days for a response."  Not acceptable.  Most customers expect a response within two hours!  I would remove that and the clickable email link (it will get farmed and your spam will increase exponentially).  I would replace the clickable email link with a link to a contact form where you can ask more questions from intereted parties so you can assist them better.  Include a dropdown of topics like: Product Question, Delivery Question, Order Question, etc.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "You have to be odd to be number one." Dr. Seuss

Community Manager

@strike_survival wrote:

Hey everyone.  My name is Patrick I am the owner of Strike Survival Gear.  We are a online site that resales/manufactures outdoor products.  Our primary market is outdoor and survival items for a very broad range of activities.  Some including emergency disasters, recreational, and preppers. We basically find products in the market that we think to be great efficient items to carry.  We then go to manufactures and ask them to adjust them in quality and such to be better made and looking for our client base.  We also manufacture handcrafted items in-house with American materials for higher end products.  We do all our packing in-house as well to control quality and delivery.  If you could please checkout our newly redone website.  We are always looking for fresh ideas and contacts.  We are a fairly small brand but can fulfill large order request. Please help us open up to a larger client base.  Thank you so much!

Patrick

Owner, Founder of Strike Survival®

Hey @strike_survival,

Thanks for posting and giving the Community an opportunity to provide you some feedback!! 

Couple of thoughts from me:

1. Your header black background is distracting and it's hard to read your logo against the background. You might want to try using a white header and using another color for your text other than white. 

2. Use the space under your four promo spots to showcase more of your product categories. At first glance, it may appear that you only carry four products. 

3. Include an "About Us" section so we know who you are and why you created this site. 

Hope this helps! Take care and good luck!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.