cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

NamesCon 2020 Auction Agreement Terms

I own premium domain names (such as DigitalWallet.com worth millions) but I CAN NOT submitted them to the NamesCon 2020 domain auction because of "The RightOfTheDot, LLC Brokerage and Auction Terms & Conditions.", which I will refer to as "ROTD Agreement". (can be found buried in the page here: http://rotd.com/auction-submission/).

I can say with certainty that no lawyer for NamesCon or Godaddy has reviewed the "ROTD Agreement". You do not have to be a lawyer to realize that the "ROTD Agreement" was NOT written by a lawyer. NameCon and Godaddy are creating a liability for themselves.

Some Reasons/Examples for the "ROTD Agreement" dated November 14th, 2019:
  1. A section defining terms is missing. For example what are "premium renewal priced domains", "premium priced renewal domains", etc. There are many ambiguous terms used.
  2. "Sellers are typically paid within thirty (30) days from the date an Auction is paid by the Buyer and the Domain is delivered to the Buyer." That statement is nonsensical. Which is it because it can't be both? No domain should be transferred without payment. Should remove "...and the Domain is delivered to the Buyer."
  3. "In the event ROTD utilities a third party to conduct..." Utilities? This misspelling is probably supposed to be "utilizes".
  4. Why would anyone agree with the following clause? "ROTD reserves the right to change any of the terms and conditions contained in these Terms of Service, our Fee Schedule and Policies and our Privacy Policies at any time with or without notice. You are responsible for complying with any changes to these documents within ten (10) days of the date of change." The user should be allowed to remove their domains from the auction if the terms have changed and they don't agree with the new terms.
  5. This clause does not make sense: "As used herein, the term 'reserve price' means the minimum price that the Seller is willing to accept, EXCLUDING the net of commissions and fees for a Domain." Should probably remove "net of".
  6. "Sellers may still not list domains with transfer/renewal costs over One Hundred Dollars USD ($100.00)..." This has been repeated more than once in the "ROTD Agreement" when it only needs to be stated once.
  7. The above 6 reasons/examples are found in just the first 2 pages out of the 17 pages. I am NOT going to waste my time reading and making notes on the rest of the 15 pages. I DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT and MANY other domainers with a domain name worth anything will also not agree just like I am doing.
  8. 25% commission is obscene. How can any domainer submit a "premium domain" name when 25% commission is taken by the auction? I can sell my domain name for millions, I am not paying 25% commission. At that rate the NamesCon 2020 auction is of no service, not worth it, I will sell direct or through a normal Godaddy domain auction (10%).
I was excited about submitting my domain names such as DigitalWallet.com but with 25% auction commission and a confusing agreement not written by a lawyer means not many premium domain names are going to be submitted to the NamesCon 2020 auction.

I don't even know why NamesCon is dealing with ROTD. NamesCon should deal directly with Godaddy.com, its 10% auction commission and their fair legal agreement written by a lawyer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: NamesCon 2020 Auction Agreement Terms

@Cyberider 

While I agree with everything you said, this is a technical support forum. This is something that's more of an account management/business policy thing that no one here will be able to address as most of us are volunteers. Hope you get this sorted, though.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II
Solution

@Cyberider 

While I agree with everything you said, this is a technical support forum. This is something that's more of an account management/business policy thing that no one here will be able to address as most of us are volunteers. Hope you get this sorted, though.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Highlighted

as a first time "explorer" on this site, it is good to hear  the issues that people are having and for that I appreciate the "awareness" factor writer provided