cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Reseller Plan Custom Products

I find my self constantly offering services to my customers aside from what GoDaddy offers with the reseller pro plans by default. An example of this is that I also do custom website design and want to promote discounted web design with the purchase of an annual hosting plan. Currently to do this I have to have my customer buy the hosting plan and then go back through another payment method and purchase the discounted web design package. It would be nice for GoDaddy to allow us to create custom products where we get most of the sale cost with a slight commission deducted for GoDaddy for the transaction. This would be the ultimate addon for the reseller program.

Cody J. Mathis - www.StaxWeb.com
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Reseller Plan Custom Products

Hi @COdyJMathis. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. This is something that you would be able to do if you were to build a custom site and user our Reseller API. However, including something like this in a reseller package that is more "turn-key" would probably be beneficial. We'll make sure to pass on your feedback. Thanks! 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I actually didn’t even know about the reseller API. I’ll look into that as it might solve my issue specifically since I’m using a custom WordPress site. The question is at this point I suppose is does it tie into my reseller plan? Perhaps my research will find that answer. Thanks for the response.

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

The API reseller plan is completely separate from the Storefront reseller plans.  This is more confusing as there's now a Storefront API too (what the WordPress plug-in was built upon).

The API reseller plan is basically to add domain registration to an existing site.  Where you would be responsible for billing and support.  So for example if you were already offering your own hosting, the API allows you to integrate domain registration and management into your own user control panel.

There's concern with the Storefront plans adding billing for products they don't support.  I'm not sure the best way this could be handled.

In concept, GoDaddy would simply add the option to define custom products which would also carry over in to the WordPress plugin from our account with a custom price - these items would appear under the "Other" products on the customers account and billing for any custom products would follow a different path with regards to commission, etc. 

I don't know the inner workings or how the GoDaddy back end functions however I can't see this being a huge task but would certainty provide monumental levels of value to the end user. Myself for example, I wouldn't want to completely go to the API plan because I would loose support for my customers which is the #1 reason for going with GoDaddy reseller over my own servers. 

Something that can be considered for the future I would hope. 

Super User III Super User III
Super User III

I get what you're saying.  PayPal is set-up for 3rd party transactions, GoDaddy is not.  There would be legal issues and decisions on business practices that need to be worked out first.  Though still possible, it's just not as simple as adding the functionality to the shopping cart.