You’re probably here because your current domain provider isn’t giving you the service you need, you just want to consolidate your properties or it’s just time for a change. Our goal is to make this process as straightforward for you as possible.
Why should I transfer my domains to GoDaddy?At GoDaddy, Domain transfers are charged per name at a flat fee, so you pay nothing beyond this initial cost and ICANN registration, where appropriate*. We also let you keep any time left on your current registrations — and throw in a free year of registration for each transfer**. Depending on how many domains you’re moving, this could add up to significant savings.
Are there any limits on when I can transfer my domains?Domains can be transferred almost any time. However, ICANN prohibits domain transfers within 60 days of registration or prior transfer (.au excepted). ICANN policy
How do I transfer domains to GoDaddy?
- Unlock each of the domain names you’d like to transfer. Contact your current registrar for details on how to do this.
- You may need an authorization code (sometimes called a transfer key or EPP code) from your current registrar. This isn’t necessary in all cases, such as when transferring country-code Top-level Domain Names (ccTLDs). If the authorization codes aren’t shown in your account manager, ask your current registrar to email them to you.
- Buy GoDaddy domain transfers for up to 500 of your domain names at once, listing each one on a separate line in our bulk domain transfer tool. If the extension you’d like to transfer isn’t listed, you can’t transfer that domain name to us.
NOTE: If you select this option and are not using Off-site DNS or a Premium DNS transfer template, we park the domain name on our parking nameservers and create a default zone file in your account with us. You can use the Zone File Editor in the DNS Manager to customize the new zone file. For more information, see Managing DNS for Your Domain Names.
Please note there are special instructions for transferring .uk, .ca, .eu, .es, .se and .au domain names to GoDaddy.
How long will it take for my transfers to go through?Most domain transfers take between five and seven days to complete. The time it takes varies depending on the extension. For details on transferring country-code Top-level Domains (ccTLDs), go to About ccTLDs and click the help article for your domain extension.
Can I check the progress of my domain transfers?
Absolutely. Track the progress of your transfers by following these steps:
- Log in to My Account on GoDaddy.
- Next to Domains, click the Launch button.
- In the upper left, pull down the Domains menu and click Pending Transfers. You should see the following info for each transfer domain name:
Status — This tells you where in the transfer process you are. Hover over the progress bar for any transfer, click the ? icon, or click the Action Required or Error link that displays for details.
Admin Email — This field shows the email address linked with that domain name.
What, and when, will I be charged to maintain my domain?Upon the expiration of your domain, you will be charged annually to maintain the domain. The price is the then-current annual retail price applicable to the domain.