About .ch domains
Nic.ch is the sponsor and Hexonet aka 1 Api GmbH is our backend provider for the country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) .ch extension that represents Switzerland.
Who can register .ch domains?
Anyone can register a .ch domain.
When registering a .ch domain, you must follow specific requirements.
- Must use: 3-63 characters
- Can use: Letters (a-z characters), numbers (0-9) and hyphens (except in the 1st or last characters of the domain name)
- Cannot use: Special characters (e.g., & and #)
- IDNs: Supported - Latin
- Registration length: 1 year
- Renewal length: 1 year
- Auto-renewal is attempted 12 days prior to the domain name's expiration date. If the renewal attempt fails, we re-attempt renewal 7 days later and again 6 days after that, the day before expiration.
- If we cannot auto-renew the domain name and you do not manually renew it by the day before expiration, it must be redeemed. There might be a fee for the redemption. The domain will stay active after failed billings until the final day of expiration.
- Backorders: Not supported
- Transfers to GoDaddy: Supported
- The registration does not extend a year.
- Transfers away from GoDaddy: Supported
- Transfers to another GoDaddy account: Not supported
- Basic privacy protection: Supported
- Protection plan upgrades: Supported
- Cash Parking: Not supported
- Contact Updates: Supported
- To update the registrant on a .ch domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.
- Must use: 2-50 Nameservers
- Can use: IPv4, IPv6
- Cannot use: DNSSEC
RefundsFor details on refunds, see our refund policy. Most domains will follow the Standard Refund Terms, but certain domains may have exceptions or may not be refundable at all. Review the information under Products with Special Refund Terms > Domain Name Registrations/Renewals and Products Not Eligible for Refunds.
To cancel your .ch domain, contact our GoDaddy Guides for assistance.