• Advice on Improving Your Website

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Have traffic but not making any sales.

I am getting some traffic to my website but I am not getting any sales. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong. Or can you go look at my website and tell me what I can change? Thanks I will greatly appreciate.

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User II Super User II
    Super User II

Re: Have traffic but not making any sales.

@Lay91

Share your URL and all of us can take a look-see.... Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

New

Super User II Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

@Lay91

First, you'll want to look at what kind of traffic are you getting and interrogate that data as much as possible.  From search engines, bots, or friends checking you out?   That will help to qualify if the "traffic" is traffic that is actual people wanting to buy.

Your site is very new and it takes quite a while with consistent effort to start getting qualified traffic willing to buy what you are selling.  Not to mention you are in a very competitive market -- "little girls clothing" pulls 106,000,000 results in Google!

Here are are a couple suggestions to start working on:  Smiley Wink

=> Your FAQ should include *details* about shipping, payments, returns, etc.  Not  general statements -- details.  Take the Policy info on the bottom of your homepage -- that most folks may not even see -- and add that to your FAQ -- with more detail.  I went through the system and see no way to determine what my shipping will be until I am well into checkout. You want that info front and center too. When I did get to checkout your shipping should detail what carrier your are using to justify you prices.  USPS, UPS, FedEx?  Keep in mind that shipping is not a profit center.  Folks have become savvy when it comes to knowing what it costs to ship items -- charge too much and they'll click away.

=> When I visited your site, while the items are uber cute, there are no product descriptions.    Craft all your product descriptions in a way (using adjectives and emotions) that will talk your site visitors into believing they need those items and must have them! Have someone help you with proofreading.  Some of the grammar and verbiage used isn't correct and/or doesn't read smoothly.

=> Change your About Us to About or About Alayzhia and then rewrite it talking about why you do what you do, what your passions are and your hopes for the site.  As it is now it reads as fractured statements that really do not flow.  Break up that big paragraph into several smaller ones -- no more that 3 sentences per paragraph and expand on what is already there. 

Websites are a work in progress -- they are not a build it and they will come.  Work on building your content, blog and product descriptions.  Keep adding as much detail as you can to help build your trust factor so that folks won't think twice about buying from you!

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt