cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Paid for Domain at Auction - 5 Days Later Godaddy Takes Back Name

I had purchased a domain name through Godaddy auctions for around $180.  5 days after I made payment, I was shocked to see an email from Godaddy stating that the original domain owner had decided not to sell it and they were removing it from my account and issuing me a refund.  What the heck is going on?  Who in their right mind would ever buy from Godaddy auctions again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User IV

@aquajoc 

The only thing I could find on https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/auctions-membership-agreement suggests that this was an expired domain and after you purchased it that the person reclaimed the domain hence triggering your refund. 

If it was not an expired domain, I would follow up with GoDaddy and ask under what terms the person was able to do so assuming you committed  to purchase the domain name through a fixed price, Buy Now format, or if Buyer meets or exceeds the minimum bid or reserve price.

There is also an AuctionDisputes@GoDaddy.com email which you maybe able to reach out to in order to get additional information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User IV

@aquajoc 

The only thing I could find on https://www.godaddy.com/legal/agreements/auctions-membership-agreement suggests that this was an expired domain and after you purchased it that the person reclaimed the domain hence triggering your refund. 

If it was not an expired domain, I would follow up with GoDaddy and ask under what terms the person was able to do so assuming you committed  to purchase the domain name through a fixed price, Buy Now format, or if Buyer meets or exceeds the minimum bid or reserve price.

There is also an AuctionDisputes@GoDaddy.com email which you maybe able to reach out to in order to get additional information.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post