cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad core server keeps going down

I have upgraded my GoDaddy server 3 times and the server can't stay live for longer than 1 hour.

The spec is. Quad core dedicated with 8gb ram and 200gb ssd.

Since I switched from a basic VPS to a high spec server my server keeps going down and I'm restarting the server every half hour to 1 hour.

I've tried getting help from GoDaddy but they are useless and keep trying to sell me upgrades, which I have upgraded 3 times!

For a website that only gets about 50 visits a day, why is 8gb ram not enough!

3 REPLIES 3
Skilled IV
Skilled IV

Re: Quad core server keeps going down

Hello!

When you mean server keeps going done, are you saying the front-end? Back-end? Hardware? Cause i wouldn't think you would be able to send a restart command if it's down and unresponsive.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***

Hi @davisdre317 

What I mean is the server is freezing as though it has exhausted the available RAM.

However, when checking the server stats the RAM is showing only 2gb used.

When I restart the server it runs perfectly fine for another hour.

It makes me believe the stats and actual hardware are not as described.

This issue is not related to the website as it was running perfectly fine on a shared server before switching to a vps.

Thanks,
Andrew

Skilled IV
Skilled IV

Hello Andrew,

I'm curious how did you migrate the website over? And what Web framework are you using? What OS are you running on your VPS?

VPS is more customizable than a shared host, so almost anything can happen within your VPS, especially if your managing it. Don't know if you have managed support for your VPS, so Go Daddy support can take a look at it.

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***