cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

access to SSH on web hosting

not able to access the ssh 
error - 
Access to the server over Remote Desktop in section                      --Web hosting Access
Login prohibited

then after fixing this then are you sure that I will be able to access the ssh ?

how to stop and start the ftp for my website
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: access to web hosting

Hi @Ankit90. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! Since the error mentions "Remote Desktop", it seems possible that you have a Windows hosting plan. These plans do not support SSH. Only our Linux hosting plans support SSH. If you have a shared hosting plan, you would not be able to stop, start, or restart services, regardless of what platform you're using. FTP services should be running on the account at all times. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

I just want to access the IIS server, how can I do that?

Also, how can I use RDP, is it available or not?

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@Ankit90 - RDP would not be available on our shared hosting plans. As for ISS, the settings available depend on the type of hosting you have. Take a look at the articles linked below. 

Plesk

Windows Classic & Web Hosting

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.