Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    rjh427
    New

ssh with delegate access

I have delegate access to a GoDaddy account. I want to set up ssh access for myself, to that account for which I have delegate access. I see that uploading and authorizing second and subsequent ssh keys is supported, so I've created an ssh key with my email address and uploaded, authorized that key.

Now, I've apparently made too many connection attempts but without using exactly the correct HostName or User credentials so I'm getting a "ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer" error.

Three calls to GoDaddy tech support (1 yesterday, 2 today) have not resolved this error, despite my declaring numerous times that I was getting this error after too many failed connection attempts.

So what is the solution? Or is there one? If there isn't, why are multiple ssh keys supported? Why make anything ssh-related accessible to delegates?

1 REPLY 1
    rjh427
    New

The "ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer" error is indeed from fail2ban, that takes a phone call and the right request because simply saying "I've locked up my ssh account after too many failed attempts" isn't specific enough, though it should be.

Now to get to the bottom of this error, is it from my end or GoDaddy's end?

$ ssh [user]@[IP]
    Agent admitted failure to sign using the key.
    [user]@[IP]'s password: