• How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

Creating a mirror/copy site

If you have a site say 123.com is there an easy way to copy all the pages from it to a new site say 456.com?

Thanks

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Creating a mirror/copy site

Are both the domains on the same hosting account? Is your site setup with a CRM (like WordPress, Joomla, Magneto, etc) or not? It depends on your site setup and whether they are on different hosting accounts or not on what is the best option.

If it is built with WordPress, the easiest way to clone the site would be to use Godaddy's Pro Site tools to backup then clone the the current to the new site.

If it isn't a WordPress site, you could download a zip copy of your current websites files via file manager within your cpanel, then upload the file to the new site's file manager in the appropriate spot and unzip the files.

There are a few other ways you can clone your website to the new spot but it all depends on your hosting and website setup.

Hope this helps!
    Best Regards,
    Sarah Mullin
    Online Development & Growth Consultant
    Creative Solutions Together

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II

Hey there @busaman,

That kind of depends on what platform your site is built on. If you have WordPress, for example, there is an export option under Tools in the wp-admin. You can export all your pages, posts, etc., with that and then import them into your new site.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Highlighted
    Solution

Are both the domains on the same hosting account? Is your site setup with a CRM (like WordPress, Joomla, Magneto, etc) or not? It depends on your site setup and whether they are on different hosting accounts or not on what is the best option.

If it is built with WordPress, the easiest way to clone the site would be to use Godaddy's Pro Site tools to backup then clone the the current to the new site.

If it isn't a WordPress site, you could download a zip copy of your current websites files via file manager within your cpanel, then upload the file to the new site's file manager in the appropriate spot and unzip the files.

There are a few other ways you can clone your website to the new spot but it all depends on your hosting and website setup.

Hope this helps!
    Best Regards,
    Sarah Mullin
    Online Development & Growth Consultant
    Creative Solutions Together

View solution in original post