• How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Deleted pages still appearing in google results

Originally I purchased a .com, played around in wordpress then ordered the same domain but .com.au.

until today they were both listed against the same hosting account. I have removed the .com (for now) in an attempt to clean up the google results. But they are still appearing.

Can someone advise how to remove the paged from the .com from showing in the google results page please.

May Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Rockstar II

@nmharris74 wrote:

Originally I purchased a .com, played around in wordpress then ordered the same domain but .com.au.

until today they were both listed against the same hosting account. I have removed the .com (for now) in an attempt to clean up the google results. But they are still appearing.

Can someone advise how to remove the paged from the .com from showing in the google results page please.

May Thanks

@nmharris74 you can also manually request that Google recrawl the site(s) here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Rockstar II

@nmharris74 wrote:

May Thanks

Hi @nmharris74, this is because those results are still cached in Google. I would give it a week or so for Google to re-crawl your site and the results should be updated at that time.

--

Advocate VII

Hi @nmharris74,

@justingodfreyis correct.  You can speed the process a bit if you have a google analytics account you can manually request your site to be crawled. 

Keep in mind that other search engines (Bing, Yahoo, Dogpile....) may still have your site cached.  Because of the multiple places your old site is cached and still referenced in scraped directory listings, it may be a while before almost all of the search references fall from the listings.

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
    Rockstar II

@nmharris74 wrote:

May Thanks

@nmharris74 you can also manually request that Google recrawl the site(s) here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en

View solution in original post

Google takes lot's of time to remove your old pages , 

You can manually fetch your link by https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6066468?authuser=1

So that google can crawl your pages faster.

Also, submit new sitemap to the google