cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Reporting domains and website involved in illegal activities

I am not sure Godaddy knows but selling and promoting illicit products like steroids is illegal in Canada.

I have reported the domain themusclemass .com 3 times already and they're still up and promoting use, sale of steroids.

Is your bottom line more important than Canadians' health? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@Jema5050 

Unfortunately, you've reached the technical support forums and generally, we're all volunteers here. This post won't get answered by anyone that can directly address this issue for you. I would suggest reporting these to GoDaddy Abuse and letting them handle the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II

@Jema5050 

Unfortunately, you've reached the technical support forums and generally, we're all volunteers here. This post won't get answered by anyone that can directly address this issue for you. I would suggest reporting these to GoDaddy Abuse and letting them handle the issue.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

Super User III

I just wanted to add though it is technically against the terms of service to do anything illegal, the service providers are in a tough spot determining what is and is not illegal.  Some things may be more clear cut like phishing and malware.  For something like this you'll also want to contact the appropriate law enforcement agency so they can determine the legality and the action to take.

Community Manager

Hi @Jema5050. Thanks for posting. I would echo what @Nate and @MrVapor mentioned above. In this case specifically, it looks like the domain is registered with GoDaddy but the website, based on its IP, is hosted with a company called Poundhost (according to ARIN). Since this is an issue with the content of a website rather than an issue with the domain name, I'd recommend reaching out to the abuse team at Poundhost. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.