• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Managed WordPress Contact Form won't submit!

I am working on a Managed WordPress site that was set up in GoDaddy.  For some reason the Contact Form - and that is for ANY contact form - will not submit messages to our website email that matches the domain name (and is through GoDaddy with Microsoft 365).  I have called tech support and hosting support 1000x and no one really can explain why.  I have deleted the contact forms and reinstalled, I have tried every contact form available - NONE submit.  The email account itself works - I can send an email to myself, but NOT if I use the website's contact form messaging.  It will say it submitted, but it won't submit anything.  I need to get a form working ASAP!!!  I have tried various backend things - but still nothing.  

18 REPLIES 18
    Helper IV Helper IV
    Helper IV

Re: Need HELP From Someone with GoDaddy managed hosting of WordPress & Contact Form that won't s

Some email servers have a problem accepting email from php Mail which is what WordPress uses to send mail. Try an smtp plugin like Easy WP SMTP.  I've found that does the trick for most of my customers' form issues.

Cheers!
    Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
    Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

Re: Need HELP From Someone with GoDaddy managed hosting of WordPress & Contact Form that won't s

@SiteDoctor,

I have tried that - and still can't get it to send the forms.  Plus, this is a GoDaddy domain sending to a GoDaddy email attached to the domain - so the contact page submissions do not have to go far!  But I am missing something - and don't know what.  I have spent many many many hours on the phone with GoDaddy support, and still nothing.  So frustrating!  You are using with a Managed Wordpress site?  I understand with Cpanel functions differently somewhat.  And are able to get your contact forms functioning? 

Any success resolving this?  I am having the exact same problem, have tried a few different WP SMTP plugins, and nothing has worked.  Hoping for a resolution from the community as GoDaddy support seems to have no clue.  Thanks!

Finally got a great tech on the phone and simply changed a record in the MX Entry area from "Local Mail Exchanger" to "Remote Mail Exchanger" and all is functioning, no need for SMTP plugins.  Thanks rad dude that helped me!

Follow up question for you if you don't mind. I found the solution you are talking about and was able to make the change on the cpanel but I am lost with the managed wordpress setup.

Do I make this change in the managed wordpress area or do I make this change in the domain name area? 

Thank you.

New

I had this exact same problem contacted Godaddy and because I am using cpanel email my mx record setting had to be changed from remote to local routing. The fellow came on very quickly and knew the problem imeditly  now I have to wait for the dn change to propogate so I hope it works.

I was just so surprised they came on so fast and was on shore and knew the issue.

Hi people,

I am using cpanel Linux plan. I host my site on godaddy and neither the contact form workd with pho mail nor the smtp plugins. Especially none of the smtp plugins sends the test e-mail with success. On the Contact form submits the message with success but I get nothing. The e-mail adress I configured works properly. Is there anyone out there can tell me how to fix this?

Re: Managed WordPress Contact Form won't submit!

I spent a lot of the weekend trying to get email sent from a WP contact form and was just about ready to switch to CloudNet when I finally got a configuration working this morning. I tried a number of things and the furthest I got was to get test emails sent successfully from different SMTP plugins but no success from the WP contact form. I installed the Postman SMTP plugin using the Gmail API with cPanel MX routing set to remote and it worked the first time. The Postman plugin has some nice features that I did not see in any of the others that I tried, the connectivity test shows that outbound traffic is closed from the GoDaddy hosting site on ports 25, 465 and 587 but open on port 443 for api traffic, and the log keeps data on the last 250 email attempts.

Same problem - any fix found?

Have you fixed this?

Have the same problem (GD Managed Wordpress site that refuses to send contact form based email submissions from/on my site).   GD says "its a plugin issue" which is pure BS as I have tried 5 different WP plugins and they ALL have the same issue - forms appear to send but never arrive (using any contact form plugin - sent to any email address). A quick Google of the problem reveals MANY other GD users with the same issue. The fix seems to be to change the MX record from Local Mail Exchanger” to “Remote Mail Exchanger” BUT... this is impossible on a GoDaddy MANAGED WP site as there is no Cpanel!

Where do I find "MX Entry area"?

Farhang Mobarhan

Glad to find your post oldhakr. The Postman SMTP plugin using either the Wizard Setup or the Gmail API solved my problem of forms not sending out a confirmation email on GoDaddy Managed WordPress.

Postman plugin has been removed from the WordPress.org repo because of a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability.

Wordfence post about the issue, click here.

I'm having the same forms submission problem with a client's site on GoDaddy and it's driving me ntus. My forms work just fine on SiteGround. Just one of the many reasons I no longer recommend GoDaddy to new clients.

SendInBlue allows sending email but doesn't allow for anything but the most simple subscription forms. None of the other WordPress SMTP plugsin work for me.

Post SMTP "aka Postman" was uploaded to the WordPress.org 2 days ago which is supposed to have fixed the Postman reflected cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability. 

New

Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

GoDaddy tech support claims this is a plugin issue, but I've tried numerous contact plugins and numerous SMTP plugins - some of the test emails make it through to Office 365 with a "fraud detection" warning, some test emails do not, and NONE of the contact form emails come through

Without access to CPanel, how can I change the MX setting to Remote?

Have spent WAY too many hours on this...

New

I have the same problem.  I am not using a cPanel hosting account.  I have the Plesk platform. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? 

I don't have the option to:

to change a record in the MX Entry area from "Local Mail Exchanger" to "Remote Mail Exchanger" and all is functioning, no need for SMTP plugins. ) 
    New

Same issue using Godaddy Managed WP. The paid for Godaddy Office 365 email that matches my domain name won't receive contact form mail.

New
    Solution

Ok, here is the fix (for me) because I just fixed it.

1. I logged into my microsoft office 365 account.

2. I checked my "junk" email and found the emails sent through my website's contact form (using contact form 7 plugin)

3. I marked these junk emails as "not junk"

The issue seems to be that Office 365 has a spam filter that wants to put the wordpress contact form emails into the junk and they don't appear in your email inbox. Marking these as "not junk" seems to fix the problem, although Office 365 does not seem to like the contact form emails, due to Office 365's "Fraud Detection Checks"