• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

WP Cron Not Executing Any Crons

Since upgrading from regular hosting to managed WP hosting, all the crons in WP Crontrol have ground to a halt. No updates for plugins, no RSS posts importing, etc.

They're all due to execute (now), but error message in WP Crontrol:

There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron events on your site may not work. The problem was:
    Unexpected HTTP response code: 429

A few people have mentioned this problem before here with no proper answer that I can find. Support have no idea and don't take responsibility. All I can think is it happened the day I upgraded.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: WP Cron Not Executing Any Crons

@HotshotJacko 

The Managed Wordpress offering from GoDaddy features many more built-in security features than regular cPanel hosting. This can sometimes cause conflicts with several plugins that work on standard WordPress installations on self hosted servers. 

You have a couple of options here:

• Call GoDaddy and see if they can help. They have a team of WordPress experts that might be able to sort out the plugin for you for a very cheap price.
    • See if there are alternatives to the plugins you're using that will function on the platform.
    • Hire a developer to correct the issue with the plugin. (Note: this can get pricey, especially with updates.)
    • Choose a different hosting platform. I would suggest looking at Business Hosting. It's relatively cheap and you can host multiple WordPress sites on the lowest tier with ease and speed. 

Ultimately, I would give them a call first. See if there's anything they can do to help you out. Might be something simple that's not allowing the cron to run. Just be aware it may be something in the platform they can't change for security reasons as well.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User II
    Super User II
    Solution

Re: WP Cron Not Executing Any Crons

@HotshotJacko 

The Managed Wordpress offering from GoDaddy features many more built-in security features than regular cPanel hosting. This can sometimes cause conflicts with several plugins that work on standard WordPress installations on self hosted servers. 

You have a couple of options here:

• Call GoDaddy and see if they can help. They have a team of WordPress experts that might be able to sort out the plugin for you for a very cheap price.
    • See if there are alternatives to the plugins you're using that will function on the platform.
    • Hire a developer to correct the issue with the plugin. (Note: this can get pricey, especially with updates.)
    • Choose a different hosting platform. I would suggest looking at Business Hosting. It's relatively cheap and you can host multiple WordPress sites on the lowest tier with ease and speed. 

Ultimately, I would give them a call first. See if there's anything they can do to help you out. Might be something simple that's not allowing the cron to run. Just be aware it may be something in the platform they can't change for security reasons as well.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    * Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post