cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

My website has vanished and I get a 403 Error

Not sure if this is the right location to post. There were a few options I could have probably chosen.

Anyway, my customized website was up and running around 30 minutes ago. About 20 minutes ago I decided to install WordPress. However, the default wordpress site you typically get, attached to my main domain (which was previously attached to my customized website. This was a problem because whenever I typed in my domain in the URL bar, the default WordPress site showed up (which is not what I want).

To fix this, I uninstalled WordPress. Though, now, my domain isn't attached to anything and when you type it in the URL bar, you get a 403 (harrisongreeves.com). I had a look in the File and Directory Restoration panel in cPanel and it says the main path is /home/yjqp1ssyjzvn/. I'm assuming 'public_html' needs to be added onto the end of this but it doesn't let me. It says Backup status is currently disabled. It directs me to WHM’s Backup Configuration interface to enable it, but I can't find it. 

Has anyone had this problem? Why has this happened? And what do I need to do to get my website back ASAP?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@HarrisonGreeves 

It looks like your site is back up and running

1) Yes I would have recommended changing the index.html..... back to just index.html

2) the reason I was asking for the cpanel was that it was possible that the domain wasn't pointed to the correct folder and that is what I was trying to see

Glad to see you are back up and running

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PL281
Super User III

@HarrisonGreeves 

Yes adding public_html "should" solve your issue - It sounds like this domain is an add-on domain - can you send a screen shot of your cpanel - feel free to "mask" and personal information

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

My cPanel? Wouldn't it just look the same as anyone elses? Do you mean my file manager? I have two backups of my website so maybe I should delete everything off the cPanel and re-upload.

Here are some pics of my file manager. The index.html changed when I backed up my website. Do you think I should change it?

Thanks for the reply.godaddy_file_manager.PNGgodaddy_file_manager2.PNG

@HarrisonGreeves 

It looks like your site is back up and running

1) Yes I would have recommended changing the index.html..... back to just index.html

2) the reason I was asking for the cpanel was that it was possible that the domain wasn't pointed to the correct folder and that is what I was trying to see

Glad to see you are back up and running

View solution in original post