cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
yp3ca
New

,Transfer domain from hacked account to new account with received authorization code for transfer

Hello, so a while ago, my GoDaddy account was hacked so I can't reach it anymore. But thanks to whois and changeupdate.com, I was able to get a transfer authorization code to complete the transfer to my new account.

The thing is, when I go to transfer domain, it says that the domain is already on this site so I can't proceed any further with the code I need to regain access.

If anyone could help, that would be great.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TLH

Hi @yp3ca,

Welcome to the Community!

If you've used the changeupdate process to recover your domain, it will allow you to move the domain to your own GoDaddy account, NOT to transfer it to another registrar. (No transfer purchase is required; it's why you can't purchase the transfer as it's already with GoDaddy.)

If you don't already have one, be sure to open your own GoDaddy account and complete the profile information so your data will be correct. If you're not able to use the emailed instructions to move the domain into your account, reply to the changeupdate notification and provide that team your new customer number, requesting that they move it directly to you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MrVapor
Super User 2020

@yp3ca 

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone in the community will be able to help very much with this one. We don't have the kind of access to GoDaddy's backend that would allow us to correct the issue. Your best bet is to call phone support or drop into a live chat. They should be able to help you get this sorted very quickly. It may just need some sort of DNS cache flush.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
* Please note that I DO NOT answer private messages. Please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. If you contact me via PM for help, I will give you a price quote for my personal services. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

TLH

Hi @yp3ca,

Welcome to the Community!

If you've used the changeupdate process to recover your domain, it will allow you to move the domain to your own GoDaddy account, NOT to transfer it to another registrar. (No transfer purchase is required; it's why you can't purchase the transfer as it's already with GoDaddy.)

If you don't already have one, be sure to open your own GoDaddy account and complete the profile information so your data will be correct. If you're not able to use the emailed instructions to move the domain into your account, reply to the changeupdate notification and provide that team your new customer number, requesting that they move it directly to you. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post