cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to SMTP server xxxxxxxx.prod.iad2.secureserver.net timed out.

Hello!  I have a Linux cPanel account with multiple domains hosted by GoDaddy and have used their SMTP servers for the last several years without any issues.  Within the last few months, I am no longer able to send outgoing mail through my e-mail client.  I use Mozilla Thunderbird and have not made any changes to my e-mail client settings. The error I get is "Sending of message failed.  The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server xxxxxx.prod.iad2.secureserver.net timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator."   

I verified the settings are correct, port number is the same.  Can anyone help??

2 REPLIES 2
New

Re: Connection to SMTP server xxxxxxxx.prod.iad2.secureserver.net timed out.

I have the same problem

Re: Connection to SMTP server xxxxxxxx.prod.iad2.secureserver.net timed out.

Hi @Kens98,

Welcome to the Community!

It's possible that - while you may have made no changes to your settings - your ISP may have changed the allowances on their ports. Please try different outgoing ports in your client setup to see if this resolves the issue for you. Your available port settings for outgoing email are: 80, 3535, 25, and 465. If this does not resolve your issue, please contact our customer support at one of the numbers in the link below, so they can test your connections in real time. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support